Hi Soup Lovers! I came down with a bit of a cold and decided to try something new with this healthy (optionally vegan) soup recipe. I prefer bone broth over veggie personally. I added a LOT of hot sauce to kick up the heat for my taste and it came out great. Overall, this was not my favorite soup I have made but it was delicious and perfect for a sick day.
I encourage you to get in the kitchen and make yourself a tasty homemade soup!
Be sure to tag us @the.soup.troupe on Instagram if you try this recipe or something similar!
16 oz Bone Broth (or veggie broth for vegan)
1 cup hot water
1 cup lentils
1 cup wild rice
6 oz shiitake mushrooms
1 can black beans
2 large heads of broccolini
2 teaspoons crushed garlic
2 tablespoons butter (coconut oil optional for vegan)
Spices: umami seasoning, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, cayenne, smoked paprika (hot sauce optional)
1. Chop broccolini, mushrooms, and zucchini into small pieces
2. Saute butter (or coconut oil) and brown veggies (including garlic), add a small layer of all spices
3. Once browned and lightly softened, pour bone broth and hot water
4. Mix gently and pour in beans, lentils, rice
5. Pressure cook on high for 25 minutes (OR cover and simmer on a stove for 90 minutes)
6. Once safe, open pressure cooker and stir
7. Add spice to taste, and you are done! ENJOY!